Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I made a blog

Hey! I made a blog! The purpose of this blog is to document my progress as I build an acoustic guitar. I have absolutely NO woodworking skills. I have never taken a shop class. I have never made anything out of wood...except a pile. But that was firewood logs and probably doesn't count as "building something out of wood." Other than cutting plywood and 2x4's I have, as previously stated, zero experience with wood working.
So why am I building a guitar? Because I think I can for some reason. Plus, I found a guy named Ken Cierpilowski who has a company called Kenneth Michael Guitars (http://www.kennethmichaelguitars.com/) where he sells what he calls his "KMG Success Kit" and he says that if you follow his instructions, you can build a quality acoustic guitar. Will it rival something made by Martin or Taylor? I don't know. I would guess not because in addition to having zero wood working skills, I do not know much about the construction of an acoustic steel string guitar and honestly, I do not even play very well! But I enjoy playing and can certainly appreciate the sound of a well made guitar.
Others have done it successfully so I think I can too. We shall see! My kit arrives soon although I have much to do in my house before I can start building so hopefully by the end of September, I will be building.
Here is a picture of what I would like to end up building:


Here is a picture of what I hope I do not end up building:

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment