Sunday, September 27, 2009

The rim is in the mold!

Up until yesterday, I had not done much except to assemble the mold that came with my kit from KMG. That took some time since I do not have hours and hours a day to devote to this project. But the patience paid off and I ended up with a perfect mold that can be used over and over again should I decide to build more guitars (which would cause my wife to have a stroke I imagine!)
Here is a picture of the mold process:
Here...he is helping me assemble the parts. Notice how he has a triangle in his hand? That's to check, and recheck that the whole assembly is square.


Yesterday was a big day however, as I actually took a saw to the wood for the first time.
I cut and fit the sides of the guitar into the mold. This requires a level of precision that might take a pro 15 minutes, but took me
nearly two hours.
Here is a pic of the sides in the mold:
WOW!! Marvel at my awesomeness!! Go on, marvel. I have nothing else to say. I am off to bed. You however, can sit and marvel all you wish. I wont stop you.

No comments:

Post a Comment