Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The back is braced!

I finished gluing the braces on the back. I made a bit of a mistake too. I wanted to inlay a nice little marquetry strip on the back over the seam, which would have been much easier to do when the back was flat, but I forgot to order it and I braced it. So now I have to rout a channel in a curved back, but it wont be any harder for me since I don't know how to rout anyway! Here is a pic of the fully braced back. I still have to carve the braces, but I will do that after I get the strip and inlay it. I need the back to lay flat and the flat tops of the braces will help. The back is now curved and nice.




I'll post more pics if anyone comments and asks for them. Otherwise, this is what you get!! My son decided he needed to "help" take pictures of the back, so he ran over to help me. The picture of the back is the one he helped with. He pretty much just pushed the button while I held it, but it was very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment