Thursday, October 29, 2009

The box is closed!!

As Brad Pitt said in "7"
WHATS IN THE BOX???


In the movie, its his wife's head.
Here, the answer is nothing, but.....
I closed the sound box!! Its really starting to look like
a guitar!!I am quite impressed with myself. If you
look into the sound hole, you can see the back braces
and all the other innards of the guitar! Prior to
tonight, when you looked into the sound hole, all you saw was...well, whatever happened to be behind the guitar.
Most often it was the floor...err..I mean my work bench.
Now you see the back plate in all its bracey glory!
Good times man. Good times.




I actually glued the back last night, but it remained clamped until tonight. I also trimmed the back flush with sides. As it comes, it is over-sized and you have to trim it down after it is glued. Not only did I glue on the back, but i glued it on correctly, with the back strip perfectly centered. I have to say it again. I am very pleased with myself thus far. I have never built anything this complex in my life. On top of that, not only am I actually building it, I am building it well! Sorry for the lack of humor tonight, I am just not feeling the funny. I am thinking of all of the aural I am going to get from this guitar!! WHOAH!!
Did I just say that? I think I did!
Please enjoy the pictures of my mostly completed sound box.
It still needs the binding and other stuff, but its a sound box and could be a guitar as is. With a neck. And tuners. And strings. And other things...but you understand.


The top picture is of the completed sound box.
Notice the completeness of it.

Picture number two is of the completed sound box.
Please take note of the completeness of the sound box.

Picture number third is of the other side of the completed sound box. Please note its other sided completeness. Also note the sound port is much cleaner on its edges. That is because I cleaned it up yesterday. Remember? I got all side tracked talking about Bob Vila and Norm Abrams. I hate those guys and their skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment